#EmotionRevolution Summit Partner Toolkit
Thanks for helping us spread the word about the 2015 Emotion Revolution Summit! We couldn’t make this happen without you and we’re honored that you are helping us bring youth voices together to build a kinder, braver world!
Included in this toolkit you will find:
- Emotion Revolution Summit hashtags
- Social media content to share with your networks
- Live Tweeting Tips and Tricks
- Summit Social Check List
|7:00 AM||BREAKFAST & REGISTRATION||First Floor Dining Hall|
|8:30 AM||WELCOME||Zhang Auditorium|
|10:10 AM||MORNING WORKSHOPS & BREAKOUT SESSIONS||See Program for Locations|
|11:30 AM||GROUP A LUNCH||First Floor Dining Hall|
|GROUP B EXHIBITS||2nd Floor Concourse|
|11:45 AM||VIP LUNCH||Beinecke Terrace|
|12:15 PM||GROUP A EXHIBITS||2nd Floor Concourse|
|GROUP B LUNCH||First Floor Dining Hall|
|1:10 PM||AFTERNOON WORKSHOPS & BREAKOUT SESSIONS||See Program for Locations|
|3:00 PM||RECONVENING||Zhang Auditorium|
|4:45 PM||CHARTER PRESENTATION||Zhang Auditorium|
|5:00 PM||CLOSING||Zhang Auditorium|
Social Media Content
Before the Emotion Revolution Summit
- We can’t wait for the #EmotionRevolution Summit! RT if we will see you there! ATTACH: Social Graphic (included)
- So excited to be a part of the #EmotionRevolution Summit founded by @YaleEmotion and @BTWFoundation!
- We’ll be talking about #kinderbraverschools at the #EmotionRevolution Summit! Be sure to follow the hashtag!
- How can we improve students’ #emotionalhealth? We’re discussing that this year at the #EmotionRevolution Summit!
- We’re working with @BTWFoundation and @YaleEmotion to build a kinder, braver world at this year’s #EmotionRevolution Summit! ATTACH: Social Graphic (included)
- The #EmotionRevolution Summit is right around the corner! We’ll be there because #EmotionsMatter! ATTACH: Social Graphic (included)
During the Emotion Revolution Summit
- Hearing some amazing insights on mental health at the #EmotionRevolution Summit! Can’t wait for more from [INSERT SPEAKER’S HANDLE]
- Did you know [INSERT COMPELLING STAT]? Great info from @YaleEmotion.
- [INSERT QUOTE FROM CYNTHIA GERMANOTTA] – @momgerm at the #EmotionRevolution Summit!
- We’re learning about #emotionalintelligence from @YaleEmotion—eye-opening research!
- Do #emotionsmatter in school? Absolutely. Experts explain at the #EmotionRevolution Summit.
Before the Emotion Revolution Summit
- We are so proud to be a part of the #EmotionRevolution Summit! Let’s make our schools safer and our students happier! ATTACH: Social Graphic (included)
- At this year’s Emotion Revolution Summit, we’re discussing emotional intelligence. Catch the livestream here: http://emotionrevolution.org/livestream
- How do students feel at school? We’re working with Born This Way Foundation and Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence to find out! #EmotionRevolution ATTACH: Social Graphic (included)
During the Emotion Revolution Summit
- We’re at the #EmotionRevolution Summit today! Check out this turn out: ATTACH: Image from the event
- [INSERT SPEAKER QUOTE] – Loved hearing from [SPEAKER]! ATTACH: Image from the event
- How do students feel at school? That’s the question of the day at the Emotion Revolution Summit. Stay tuned for the answers! ATTACH: Social Graphic (included)
Putting it all together…
|PANEL INFORMATION||PANELISTS & HANDLES||SAMPLE SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS|
|Welcome & Introductions||Azure Antoinette, MC, @AzureAntoinette||So exciting to be at the #EmotionRevolution Summit! Looking forward to inspiration from @AzureAntoinette! #EmotionRevolution|
|Research Results||Marc Brackett, Director of Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence, @marcbrackett, @YaleEmotion||Listening to @marcbrackett discuss the results from the #EmotionRevolution survey.|
|The Born This Way Movement||Cynthia Germanotta, Co-Founder of Born This Way Foundation, @momgerm||Can’t wait to hear about the latest @BTWFoundation news from @momgerm! #EmotionRevolution|
|Emotional Health Research||Peter Salovey, President of Yale University, @yale||How can we improve #emotionalhealth in schools? Peter Salovey from @yale explains. #EmotionRevolution|
|Youth Panel||Chris Rim, Panelist, @cysrx Daniella Cohen, Panelist, @DaniellaCohenCo Kamey Gomez, Panelist Soledad O’Brien, Moderator, @soledadobrien||Youth insight on how to #BeKind in schools! #EmotionRevolution Great questions from @soledadobrien for the #EmotionRevolution Youth Panel!|
|Life is Good||Bert Jacobs, Founder of Life is Good, @Lifeisgood||@Lifeisgood founder Bert Jacobs pumping up the crowd at the #EmotionRevolution Summit!|
|Breakout Sessions||General Breakout Sessions, Born This Way Foundation, @btwfoundation||Fascinating discussion in our breakout session at the #EmotionRevolution Summit. We’re discussing why #emotionsmatter with @BTWFoundation and @YaleEmotion.|
|Antigone Davis, Head of Global Safety, @facebook Jack Golub Sergio Flores, @sergioflor3s|
|Lady Gaga||Lady Gaga, Co-Founder of Born This Way Foundation, @ladygaga Soledad O’Brien, Moderator, @soledadobrien||Counting down to @ladygaga’s presentation at the #EmotionRevolution Summit! .@ladygaga and @soledadobrien are talking about the necessity of an #EmotionRevolution right now!|
|Charter Presentation||@YaleEmotion @marcbrackett|
|Closing Remarks||Cynthia Germanotta, Co-Founder of Born this Way Foundation, @momgerm Marc Brackett, Director of Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence, @marcbrackett, @YaleEmotion||Thanks for the inspiration this weekend, @momgerm! #EmotionRevolution Great #EmotionRevolution Summit takeaways from @marcbrackett and @momgerm!|
Live Tweeting Tips and Tricks
During the Summit
- Close enough to the speaker to hear.
- Good view for pictures.
- Electrical outlets & Internet access.
- Reporting tweets (stats mentioned – use # and @ mention for speaker).
- Multimedia — pictures and short videos are great to share.
- Engagement Tweets (“.@YaleEmotion, what was the most surprising thing from your #emotionalhealth survey? #EmotionRevolution).
- Real-time questions (“.@DrSueSwearer what do you think about #bullying in schools? #EmotionRevolution”).
- Find the speakers and get exclusive content from them.
- Follow the hashtag throughout the event.
- Retweet, MT or via others throughout the event.
- Engage in conversation with key influencers and stakeholders
- Review your tweets and flag any crucial ones.
- Take note of high performing tweets.
- For each session, consider writing 3-5 main bullet points
After the Summit
- Consider making a more personal thanks with thank-you Tweets.
- Next-day thank you’s with emails gathered at summit.
- How did this event fit into your unique perspective?
- What have you written that addresses any of these issues before?
- Did anyone else do a recap blog post you can cite?
- Multimedia (best pics or videos).
- Engage with speakers from the event.
- Engage with top event participants and share your content and recap.
- Keep a running list of the best participants.
- Consider ways to leverage contacts (guest posts, speaker, etc.)
Summit Social Check List
__ Identify event hashtag
__ Identify other topic-relevant hashtags
__ Identify and have handy the Twitter handles and organization handles
__ Draft preview tweets mentioning the event and speakers (or use the content in this toolkit!)
__ Research past content you’ve written and posted that is relevant to the topic
__ Draft tweets that connect content you’ve written about to the event
__ Draft thank you tweets to the hosts of the event
__ Schedule some social content ahead of time on a platform such as HootSuite or Tweetdeck
__ Get to the event early enough to get a good spot (pictures & electrical outlets)
__ Find out if there are any last minute speaker changes and note their social media handles
__ Vary your style of tweets (reporting tweets, engagement tweets, questions)
__ Scope out other organizations tweeting that day and plan to strategically retweet them
__ Write bullet points from each presentation to jog your memory for a recap blog post