Born This Way Foundation is excited to announce our search for the next class of Advisors, and we’re honored to invite YOU. Keep reading to learn more and scroll to the bottom for the application form.
You – the kind, aspirational, and ingenious youth we work with and for every day – are changemakers making a substantial impact in communities around the globe. History shows young people have been at the forefront of every major movement, and this rings especially true for our work in building a kinder and braver world. Your perspectives and ideas have always been at the heart of our work, and we’re honored to follow your lead as you pave the way for kindness, mental health, and inclusion.
Our team of Advisors will play a pivotal role in the planning and execution of programs, campaigns, and projects core to our mission. These Advisors will have the awesome opportunity to be a part of Born This Way Foundation’s legacy and be celebrated ambassadors of our work in their communities and beyond.
To fill this exciting and vital pillar of our organization, Born This Way Foundation is seeking a representative, inclusive group of youth leaders (ages 15 to 24) from around the world who:
- Demonstrate commitment and show deep interest in building a kinder, braver world.
- Seek to eliminate the stigma surrounding mental health.
- Create and share innovative ideas for building community, online and offline.
If you believe you or someone you know is the right fit for this opportunity, we invite you to apply by filling out this Google form application (also embedded at the bottom of this page) by April 10th, 2021.
Role + Responsibilities
- An approximate commitment of 2 – 4 hours of volunteer duties each month.
- Participate in (4) video conference calls with Foundation team members throughout the year.
- Learn about and thoughtfully advise the Foundation on our current programming, as well as potential new projects.
- Work with Foundation staff and other Advisors to identify areas of our work to be strengthened and bring recommendations to life.
- Serve as an ambassador of Born This Way Foundation and its work in our communities and beyond.
- Be willing and able to participate in occasional Foundation-related virtual events.
- Write or create (at least) four pieces of content for Channel Kindness, but we welcome as many as you’d like to create!
- While this is a volunteer position, Born This Way Foundation will ensure each member is recognized with perks and opportunities to celebrate their work.
- Be 15 – 24 years old (If under the age of 18, must have parental/guardian consent to participate).
- Uphold the Foundation’s principles and demonstrate a commitment to promoting kindness, bravery, and mental wellness.
- Participate as an author on Channel Kindness.
- Be comfortable with technology and communicating our message.
- Agree to a twelve-month term of service from the date of appointment.
Fill out the application here: